Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Spark's Bad Dinner Manners

Spark absolutely LOVES his food. He gets really excited when he sees me coming outside (unless the weather is bad) with his bowl. The problem is that KSDS wants the dogs to eat slowly and mannerly and Spark finishes his 1 1/2 cups of food in about 20-30 seconds. He certainly doesn't have any manners when he eats- unless bad ones count. I have tried many differant things to try to slow him down; I put toys in his dish, I poured and scattered his food on the sidewalk, I tried giving his food to him a little at a time-he only ate it faster. So finally one of my brothers thought of the idea of flipping his bowl upside down because it would be harder to eat his food that way. It slows him down a little, but since it is a circle he thinks he has to go round and round to eat. Here is a video of him eating about 1/2 a cup of food last night. Sorry, it is a bit long. : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    I inhale my food too. My Human has been talking about getting me something called a Kong Wobbler. I have always and still do, eat 2 meals of 2 cups each. The large Wobbler holds 2 cups. I don't know if I like the idea, but...

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    P.S. Forgot, your blog makes me log in under my live journal id...you can get to blogspot from there.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? We'd love to know!
Spark and Madison