Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Till We Meet Again...

Spark here. I wanted to do a post for my buddy Hosta because he went back to college today. I am really going to miss him...we did a lot together and I learned a lot from him.

We must look and act a lot alike because a lot of people would ask if Hosta was my father or one kind lady even wondered if he was my mother! That was pretty funny.
The 'old man' and me.
Here are the things I learned from an amazing pal:

Lounge in the bathtub (okay I really only did this at Hosta's  house I really couldn't care less about doing it now).
I DO NOT need a bath.
Sitting on my puppy raiser's lap.
I love you.
Hosta says: 'Look, I'm a lap dog.'
Retrieving any object that is dropped. My personal favorite...keys. Apparently these were also Hosta's favorite when he stayed here before I was around.
Now what am I supposed to do with these?

Can I take the car this time?
Doing a 'here up' to give or receive an object from my PR.
I did it now what do I get?
Why am I doing this?
Making people laugh.

I think you need a kiss!

I need my tongue to help me smell.
Sleeping/laying down if my PR is standing/sitting around for 30+ seconds.

I'm bored...I think I'll take a nap.
It looks more exciting over there...

Oh, there is one other thing I learned from Hosta when we went to Council Grove to see Ansel. Shoplifting stuffed animals- well trying to!


Good luck at KSDS college Hosta. I know you'll do well and shock the trainers by how PERFECT you are! Although if you go Guide I think you'll surprise a lot of people (and dogs)! Until we meet again (at your Graduation!).

-Your buddy always....Spark

3 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    What a wonderful tribute to another great puppy dog who we're sure will be a successful guide or service dog.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    P.S. don't forget you have to use the link in the intro on our inactive blog to get to blogspot. Blogger is still being mean and only letting us use our blogger id on pop up comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can barely type through all the happy tears. This is soooooo beautiful. And, so funny to see all the similarities this way! His mom? really? ha ha ha!!! I guess I missed that one. I call Spark the next time he needs a puppy sitter! So looking forward to seeing all the amazing things Spark is going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brown Dog. I'm glad you like it Lisa, Ellie and Vance. It was hard for me to not tear up as I was writing it.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? We'd love to know!
Spark and Madison